We're incredibly proud to be part of the Sustainable Salons NZ Program and think you should be too! In line with industry-standard sustainability thinking, SSNZ believes that we're each responsible for the ethical disposal of any waste produced by a product or service we choose to consume. And that's exactly what the SSNZ program allows you; our guest's to do. You now have the opportunity to ensure the 'waste' created from having your hair service done is correctly repurposed, so it doesn't have a negative impact on the planet or the community. Every appointment you have at Common Thread, there is a $2 SSNZ fee charged.
- I understand I will be charged $2 at each appointment for the ethical disposal of any waste produced from my hair service.
We're all about transparency here at Common Thread and reckon that should apply to price, too. That's why we don't charge by technique, like other salons.
Our prices are based on the expertise of your hair artist, time spent and product used because we want you to pay a fair price for your treatment.
The prices on our website and price-list act as a general guide, but if your inner bean-counter needs a more accurate figure, please get in touch. We'll come up with an epic hair plan for any budget.
- I understand how Common Thread's pricing is structured
- I know that each invoice amount may differ each visit due to what is required (i.e., time and amount of product used) at each appointment
Common Thread has had an annual price adjustment on April 1st, 2020. Every April, our suppliers slightly increase pricing along with government requirements as inflationary pressures increase costs increase for everyone.
We offer Afterpay. Shop and enjoy now. Pay over four instalments, interest-free.
If you want a change from your usual maintenance appointment, it is helpful for our booking scheduling to know this in advance. We offer online face to face consultations (or over the phone if the internet connection is challenging) before your booking to ensure we have enough time to create what your after, so your not disappointed if your usual booking does not permit.
All new guests to the studio, we prefer that we have an online consultation with you before your appointment date.
After your consultation and before your booking, where requested or appropriate, we will email a quote.
- I understand if I want a change, I will let the studio know before my booking so my hair artist can allocate the correct time needed for my appointment.
- If I am new to the studio I understand to get the best out of my appointment an online consultation gives my hair artist time to prepare with the correct time allocation as well as a plan of action.
Can't make your appointment? That's cool, although, as a small studio last-minute cancellations have a considerable effect on our business.
We'd appreciate if you'd let us know 48hours before your hair session.
Anything less than 24hours before your appointment and you'll be charged 50% of your hair services as a LATE CANCELLATION FEE.
In the case, you are unwell or had exposure to COVID-19 this fee will be waived.
We hate to have to enforce this policy and sincerely hope you understand our need to do so.
- I will reschedule my appointment if I am unwell in any way
- I understand I will be charged 50% of my booking if I cancel my booking with less than 24hours notice
Are you running late? It happens from time to time. If you know you will be running late to your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible. We'll do our best to manage our end to accommodate you. Due to following bookings, we may need to alter the service you have or reschedule your booking to another day so that our other studio guests are not affected.
Equally, if your hair-artist is running behind schedule, we endeavour to communicate this with you as soon as possible.
- I understand that I will still be charged for the time missed due to running late
- I will call the studio as soon as possible to let you know I'm running late and understand the team at Common Thread will do their best to accommodate me and may result in needing to reschedule.
We understand that sometimes finding another time for your hair appointment can be tricky; nevertheless, if you are unwell in any way, we ask kindly ask you to reschedule your appointment.
We work closely with each other, and sickness can spread between our team, families and other guests very quickly.
If you are unwell on arrival to your appointment, you'll kindly be asked to reschedule. By being respectful of each other, we can all get on doing the things we enjoy without the spread of germs and bugs.
- I understand if I am unwell in any way, I will reschedule your appointment.
- I understand if I arrive at my appointment unwell, I will be required to reschedule.
- I understand if I have any contact with a person suspected of COVID, we ask you to reschedule.
All tools used by your hair artist will be cleaned appropriately between each guest.
Each hair artist has their tools, and will not be sharing tools between the team.
After you leave the studio, the area in which you have been seated is thoroughly cleaned with environmentally friendly products ready for our next guest.
PRE HAIR WASHING ETIQUETTE
We kindly ask your hair has been washed a minimum of 48-24 hours before your appointment, and you arrive with your hair dry - not wet. Especially in the case of colouring, build up from product or natural oils can cause your colour to take unpredictably. Hot damp hair straight from the gym is a definite no-no.
- I will wash my hair 48-24 hours before my appointment
- I understand my colour may take unpredictably if there is a build-up of product or natural oils etc. on my hair
FRINGE TRIMS & NECK TIDY'S
Our guests are welcome to one complimentary fringe trim or neck tidy within six weeks of your previous booking. Bookings are essential.
- I acknowledge any fringe trim or neck tidy after six weeks will incur a charge.
PREVIOUS CHEMICAL SERVICES
Whether lightening, darkening or seeking coverage by a box (henna or "natural") or professional colour, permed or relaxed, all these services present their own risk. Even if the past chemical application has faded or 'wore out', it is still present in your hair until it is cut off.
BOAR WATER, HARD WATER AND COPPER PIPES
Mineral deposits from water and pipes can build up in the hair and cause a reaction with hydrogen peroxide, lightening powder, colour removers and oxidative colour. Reactions are UNPREDICTABLE and can happen after multiple times of using the same product. It is unsure how mineral deposits are going to react. And many people don't even know they have them in their hair.
THERE IS NO GUARANTEE WHEN PERFORMING A CHEMICAL SERVICE
We would not be doing our job if we didn't present these risks to you ahead of time. The more we do your hair, and know what the products are like on your hair (every colour line is different), the better predictions we can make as we learn and understand your hair better.
GENETICS, MEDICATION, HORMONES AND YOUR OVERALL HEALTH
All of the above play a role contributing to your chemical makeup - including your hair.
What may work on one person may not work well for you due to the differences in how your body is built to react.
You may have had the same product used on you for years, then one day reacting is similar to developing an allergy to something we have been using our entire lives.
- It is my request to have a predisposition test done 48 hrs before my appointment (Yes / No)
- I am happy to proceed with my booking without a predisposition test and understand the risks.
- I agree to be transparent to the best of my knowledge by advising my hair's history
WHY CORRECT HOME HAIR-CARE IS IMPORTANT
You're already investing in your hair by choosing to come to Common Thread, and we want nothing more for your hair to be effortless, and sustainable for as long as possible for you.
The importance of personally prescribed home hair-care is often overlooked. It's essential to recreate your style, and more importantly, maintain and protect the overall health of your hair and colour.
The product that best suited to you will be recommended and shown to you on the day of your service.
- I understand Common Thread's colour and keratin services are only guaranteed when accompanied by professional shampoo and conditioners personally prescribed to you from your hair artist.
DIDN'T MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS?
Not entirely happy with the result or service received at Common Thread? We appreciate transparency and honest feedback. What's the saying, "You don't know what you don't know". So please, speak up. We'd love the opportunity to rectify what didn't work and are happy to give a seven-day window to do this for you free of charge. Our mission is to fire you up, have you leave the studio with swagger to show up to your day unapologetically unique and ready to kick arse.
- I agree that if I'm not entirely thrilled by my appointment that I will pass on the feedback ASAP and allow Common Thread to rectify my look within a seven-day window.